http://www.google.com/fonts#ChoosePlace:select Barb's Bird Paradise and Aviaries!: The Aviary Beginning

Monday, July 5, 2021

The Aviary Beginning











 July 5th, 2021! 5:30 a.m. sun is coming. Rooster is crowing in the yard behind me. My first cup of hot coffee. You all have been waiting for me to write on my blog. Once in a while I check in and see the stats. Also on my youtube channel. My heart has just not been in it. Seems like one thing after another is breaking my heart. Yes, my heart has been totally broken. I do know one thing I am not going to write about it. Just know life has had a lot of changes in the past couple of years. Like that rooster is a reminder of the hell I went through for a year and a half when Newcastle was all around me and they were killing the birds all around me. I would bring all of mine in to keep them safe as possible. 

https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/Newcastle_Disease_Info.html

Recently one of my best friends died. His name is Cal Hanna and he is the reason I have the aviary. Cal, Charlie, and I have been friends for 35 years. I will tell you the story of the aviary. Tofu my Moluccan was a mutilator and I was determined to do anything I could to make his life better! I had started learning everything I could about birds and flight year 2006. I had a friend, trainer, and quite a few other friends that were training freeflight and recall. It was fascinating but I wasn't into the free flight I was just into giving flight so mine can be birds. I got told that if I had an aviary for my Tofu that he would be a bird and stop mutilating. I cried wanting one so bad. Then one day Cal said I have 5-inch steel tubes you can have and brought them over. These are ones still left in his yard. About 30 feet long!

I shared us building the aviary but didn't share Cal Hanna. Going to his memorial on July 25th and I am sharing a few photos with his family and friends and made this album https://photos.app.goo.gl/2V2RK2yXQpoyP2o29.  I am having my third cup of coffee now and time to take care of the birds. 

No comments:

Thank you!